'Flat Denise' Friday...

When we left for a year in Italy, in 2010, I gave friends and family a 'Flat Denise', my take on Flat Stanley. The basic principle of The Flat Stanley Project is to connect a child, student or classroom with other children or classrooms participating in the Project by sending out "flat" visitors, created by the children, through the mail. Kids then talk about, track, and write about their flat character's journey and adventures, similar to a pen-pal activity.

I took Flat Stanley and thought this was such a great idea that I believed everyone should have a 'Denise' while I was gone.
I felt it was finally time to do something with the diverse and wonderful 'trips and events' I had. There were so many, I've decided to do this in a series of posts. I was so impressed with the creativity and pure love that went into everyone's contribution to my "Flat Denise Project". It's time to share.
While Flat Denise traveled a bit, the domestic sharing was pretty special too. Barbecues with my boy.
Football watching with my in-laws.
A Kenny G concert with Mark & Carol.
And even a first time drive in Lori's new car to be her moral support for her job search. What I love the most is the fact that no one hesitated to 'bring me along'. I hope you enjoy this series showing off my creative and thoughtful friends. These photos brought me great comfort while I was gone for a year. May they bring you a smile. We can all use one of those.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments