A Favorite Childhood Activity...

Once a month, our AAUW writing group meets. The gathering begins with a prompt, a topic for which we have only five minutes to write something. Today's involved our childhood and a favorite activity from it. 

I have two brothers. The oldest was 15 when my second brother was born. After seeing that her youngest child was another boy, my mother went to her post birth six week check-up and asked if she was cleared to get pregnant again.

I was born ten months after my middle brother. One would think that a much desired daughter would be raised as a girlie little girl. Well, not in our family. I might was well have been son #3.

Boy hand-me-downs were my wardrobe and male type activities were my chosen games. I could climb like any boy. I was rough and tumble. Breaking bones was a common phenomenon.

So to answer the prompt, my favorite childhood activity would be me being the little brother my big brothers always wanted.

posted under |

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you have certainly developed lot's of girly habits!

Unknown said...

I was the only girl with 5 brothers!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments