American Hustle Fashion Flashbacks...

In the movie, American Hustle, costume designer Michael Wilkinson totally brought the groovy '70s back to life, and my friend, Karen dusted off her photo of that era and sent it to me.

 Note Karen's big hair, wrapped dress and plunging neckline! 
Not to be outdone, I found my own photo flashback. My plunging cross-front, shimmering champagne number, sewn by my mom for my Senior Prom, was the very epitome of sexy '70s glamour. The pose must have been, too since Amy (the actress below) and I look quite similar. What a hoot!

The costuming has been nominated for an Oscar. Let's see if the '70s were as groovy to the voters as they were to those of us who lived them.

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

Wow Denise, you are as beautiful as always! Love it!
I hope to see the movie soon!
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments