January 1982-My First Visit to Tahoe

Almost exactly 32 years ago, I came to Tahoe for the very first time!

My boyfriend, at that time, was a big skier and had a friend who lived here.  A 24-hour snowfall of 67 inches set a new California record, and he wanted to be in it.  I was a novice to the sport...
Last run of the last day on Heavenly, I swooshed right and my left ski chose not to follow the rest of me!  The result was a spiral fracture and a "broken bone club" membership!
I was well cared for during my extended stay at Barton Memorial.  It was an event I will never forget and not the best introduction to Tahoe, but an interesting walk down memory lane.

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

What a crazy story. It sounds painful!
Who took that picture of you while you were down? Your old boyfriend? Didn't he have anything better to do? Hahaha.
I wanted to try out skiing this season but this makes me uncertain.
I am glad you are enjoying your walk down memory lane. Thanks for sharing!
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments