Me being political...

I was published in today's Tahoe Daily Tribune.  I thought I would let my letter, to the editor, speak for itself:

Why I voted "Yes" on Measure L.  I am probably one of the most apolitical people I know, however, I feel very strongly about this measure to support all El Dorado County public libraries.  I have seen, firsthand, the benefit the library adds to our community:  summer arts programs, computer classes, homework help, story time in English and Spanish, book clubs, knitting groups, cultural and educational enrichment lectures, and my favorite, an inter-library book request system that gets you books from any library in the entire county- all free and available to anyone.

Measure L cancels the existing library parcel tax that varies by Zones and replaces it with a uniform tax that is the same for everyone in the County. Where else can you get everything a library offers for only $17.58 a year?

A library opens the world to all of us.  It is a wise investment and one I hope everyone makes.  That's why I voted "Yes" on Measure L.

I absolutely love the library, so this measure is very important to me.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments