Back to Balboa Island...

I needed to return to Balboa to pick up something I had ordered while exploring with the Japanese so Steve joined me.  The day began extremely brisk but as it progressed it became so warm, we took off all the clothes we legally could...an absolutely breathtaking December day.

We strolled through the neighborhood as homeowners prepare for the annual "Ring of Lights" contest. Beautifully decorated bayside homes and businesses, surrounding the harbor, go all out with their own holiday spirit, featuring everything from roof-top animated scenes to dancing Christmas trees. I want to return when everything is in full swing (Dec. 14th). 

The day truly launched me into Holiday mode.

posted under |

2 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

I thought you went to Balboa Park! I don't know Balboa Island that well.
The houses look so pretty.
How fun!
***

Anonymous said...

aw it looks so lovely!! i've never been to Balboa Island (even though I am originally from the OC haha), but all those decorations are a must-see!! glad you both had fun! so happy i got to see you this week! xoxo xandra

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments