A day of celebrating Leslie...

Our day began with an invigorating two mile walk at the local park under a beautiful sky and in warm sunshine.  It was a gorgeous day (with threats of snow looming in the background however).  As I type this, I don't know if I will really be going home tomorrow or not.  Tehachapi is known as "The Land of Four Seasons" - sometimes all in one day.  Fingers are crossed that we have the same glorious weather as the last three days.

I prepared Leslie's birthday dinner at her mom, Barbara's house.
Pasta à la Checca is one of my favorite dishes to prepare, share and eat. 

Tradition dictates that Leslie's cake shall be a 'yule log'.  I was not disappointed because it was a delicious chocolate chip mint ice cream cake and I believe my first ever "log".

After presents, hot tea and an exciting game of Scrabble
® (which I won by one point) the party, which included Leslie's son, Ivan and her boyfriend, Dwight, gathered in the 30° weather for sparklers.  Nothing says "birthday" like sparklers.  This day was a delightful ending to a fantastic weekend of friendship!

A birthday is just the first day of another
365-day journey around the sun.
Enjoy the trip.

posted under |

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The food looks healthy and yummy, and the cake looks like I should try a piece to see...
So you won at Scrabble, but you are such a novice! Luck I guess. Hahaha.
I like the birdie picture.
***

Nick and Deb's Excellent Adventure said...

Sounds wonderful to me, what a great friend you are. Wish you here to celebrate with me for my Birthday today. We can celebrate this summer.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments