Sanders' Beach Day Bash

When my dear friend, Lynne, became sick, a few years ago, her immune system was severely compromised.  To make life more fun for her, and myself, we started an once-a-month, in-home movie day.  Joining us for lunch was Lynne's husband, Scott, and his friend, Bill.

Lovingly named, The Quirky Group 4, we met consistently, each month, for "themed" lunches, fabulous conversation, silly laughter,  and spirit raising (for whoever needed it that month).

When Lynne was cured, with a bone marrow transplant, we had all become addicted to the camaraderie and it has continued ever since.  Today marked the end of an era with our last QG4 for at least the next 13 months with my departure to Italy.

Our monthly meetings have been highly anticipated and extremely valued... and certainly they will be missed.  Judi has graciously stepped up to take my place.  I envy the memories she will make with the group.  The time together I will miss.  Throughout my life, I have had the fortune of gaining  sisters and Lynne certainly is one of those to me.

When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder,
who stands a chance against us? 
~Pam Brown

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments