Winter Reflections First Snow

Recently, I was asked to share my favorite wintertime occurrence. When I awoke to the first snow, in a very long time, I had to share.




Of all the magical things that happen in a snow covered world, how can I pick just one?  My ultimate favorite wintertime occurrence is the simplest.  It is when I've gone to bed in a world void of snow.  Upon awakening, there exists a silence, a pronouncement that something magnificent has happened- snow! Just to confirm my suspicion, I look out the draped window and discover a world of white.

Because I'm up before most others, the scene is unspoiled.  I gather my warmth- a robe and a cup of coffee and I linger on our front porch.  White, pristine beauty, for as far as the eye can see. The quietness is one I just can't describe.  It is a breathtaking, awe-inspiring silence... no doubt the reason for the term winter wonderland.  This is my most treasured winter happening and thankfully I had the chance to experience it today.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments