Mrs. Grossman's Stickers: 40 Years Old

In 1979, I fell in love with stickers. Not just any stickers... Mrs. Grossman's stickers. Can it really be four decades ago her simple rolled adhesive treasures came on the scene?

It's one of the last remaining sticker factories in the United States. Mrs. Grossman's Sticker Factory in Petaluma had been printing stickers shipped around the world.
Ten years ago, I had the delightful opportunity to tour and learn about this much loved company. When Andrea Grossman designed her first decorative sticker, she had no idea her name would become legendary for launching an industry based on such a simple product. Synonymous with the highest quality, cutting-edge design, vibrant, clean colors, and extraordinary, almost legendary, variety, Mrs. Grossman’s stickers are recognized everywhere.
The company is housed in an elegant contemporary 50,000 square ft. building that is perched on the edge of a wildlife preserve. The factory houses its own massive printing plant and the tour shared all that went into creating these wonderful treats.
I've been planning on returning to Petaluma to share this magical place with my daughter-in-law. When I went online to book a tour, I was dismayed. After all those years of offering tours and running a retail store, the beloved sticker factory has shut down those parts of the operation. It goes to show, never put off something you have wanted to do because one day it will be too late. Darn it.
Mrs. Grossman's stickers are still available everywhere and I will continue to adorn my letters with these whimsical images, though I will mourning the loss of a really amazing place to spend an afternoon.

posted under |

1 comments:

Nesbit Library rocks! said...

Ugh, I wonder if it was liability concerns that shut the tours down.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments