The Giving Rack. For a Friend in Knead.

There exists a side rack at Great Harvest, our local bread company. It's not where one orders. I spied it in my periphery. When I read the sign, attached below the luscious loaves, I actually teared up.

"The Giving Rack. For a Friend in Knead. If you have been affected by the Government Shutdown, are out of work, or just plain struggling to put food on the table, please take a loaf for you and your family." Oh man, tearing up just typing that statement. Isn't that so cool?

posted under |

2 comments:

Jenny said...

that's awesome!

Unknown said...

YES! And I love their bread and sandwiches. It is probably a good thing that I don't live closer. It's a go-to stop to get food for a picnic (and in our stomachs) before wine tasting.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments