“Growing Up Muir” at the Library...

I have always been a fan of John Muir- the naturalist, conservationist and writer. Today, I learned about a different John Muir- the farmer, inventor, and amazing family man from someone who should know... his great-great grandson!

In a highly anticipated Friends of the Library presentation, Robert Hanna shared an intimate family portrait of John Muir.
Robert said that many believe John Muir was always an older man. He wanted us to know more. He began at Muir's birth, describing his long, interesting life. We learned of the many sides of Muir through family stories, never-before-seen photographs, and personal writings. Most of the 90 attendees listened with rapt attention.
What an afternoon of getting to know such a unique individual. I feel like I met John Muir today. It was an unbelievable opportunity, one for which I am beyond grateful.

“I care to live only to entice people to look at Nature’s loveliness.”
-John Muir

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments