ITALY- The Haerrs are coming...

We will board a plane today at 7 PM for Roma.  We will spend two nights outside The Eternal City at the Ostia Antica Park Hotel.  My friend, Guenda, manages the hotel and she has arranged for us to finally meet the entire Famiglia Perini.  We are so excited.

We will move into
La Terrazza Verde (our apartment) on October 1.  If you would liked to see our Umbrian home for the year, click on the link.  It is absolutely perfect and historic.  Our apartment is in the restored Rocca Dei Perugini (13th c. fortress) so we will be safe during our sojourn.  Wish us safe travels and please keep in touch.
"Arriving at each new city,
the traveler finds again a past of his that he did now know he had:
the foreignness of what you no longer are or no longer possess
lies in wait for you in foreign, unpossessed places."  -Italo Calvino

posted under |

7 comments:

Deb Bako said...

Travel safe my dear friends. I am really looking forward to reading the blog. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are leaving today!!!!!!
I miss you guys already.
Happy travels.
Love you!
***

Deb Bako said...

The hotel looks wonderful and I look forward to the posts once you get there! XO

Deb Bako said...

I am sure you are finally there or at least I hope so!

Deb Bako said...

Glad to hear you are there and can hardly wait to read more. I will be able to see right where you are in the apt! HAVE FUN!!! Love, Deb

Anonymous said...

You are missing all the crazy weather!
It's humid, and rainy with lightning and thunder. I saw a double rainbow today. :)
I wanted to text you.
:( tear tear tear

***

Deb Bako said...

So today is move in day! Cannot wait to see how you are settling in!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments