Love Sick @ the College...

Oh man, I love live theater and today's matinee was exceptional! "The dual sides of love and relationships get a comedic treatment in the play Love/Sick by John Cariani", presented by the Theatre Department at Lake Tahoe Community College.

Through a series of nine vignettes, we met various couples in varying states of "love". While described as a comedy, we were affected emotionally and at times cried.
In "The Singing Telegram", Louise thinks she is getting a marriage proposal in song. Instead, she was serenaded with the Meatloaf classic (lyrics that every woman never wants to hear), "I want you, I need you. But there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you. Now don't be sad. 'Cause two out of three ain't bad." I cried on this one!
All nine couples were so talented and the stories were rich, entertaining and at times surprising. We thoroughly enjoyed them all. However, Steve and I both had our favorites. Some of the tales were just more poignant to us. I believe this play will do that to people. It will spark conversations. It will have people pick their favorites. I enjoyed "Destiny" (above) not only because we know the actress, Aletha, but because I felt it was realistic and ended right.
We have seen many productions at LTCC and we both agreed this was one of our ultimate favorites. Bravo to all!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments