All the Light We Cannot See...

The New Year came with colds for me and Steve. The positive side of a cold is that I have to clear my calendar and hunker down. For me that means guilt free reading.

I have hesitated to read Anthony Doerr's amazing book All the Light We Cannot See because, truthfully, I was done with WWII novels. It wasn't until I read Kim Wyatt's review and one line summary, "I called in sick to finish this book" that made me get it off my bookshelf.
In 2000, our family did an extensive tour of the WWII sites in France due to our younger son's interest in this history. All the Light tells the story of events happening in Saint-Malo with characters so rich, it was difficult to put the book down. Our being there 16 years ago was brought to life with the author's descriptions.

This story is worth the distinction of being 2014's best book of the year. Doerr's masterpiece is going to be hard to top for my list of best reads for me in 2016!


 “Open your eyes and see what you can with them
before they close forever.”

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments