It Snowed in Temecula...

Our old hometown, 450 miles away and a complete opposite climate, has received their first snowfall in ages. According to one observer, "Two and four inches of heavy, wet snow fell on portions of Temecula and Murrieta. It remains the only time in 25 years at my Murrieta home when enough snow fell for us to build a small snowman.". Light snow also fell near Temecula in 2002, 1990 and 1985. Old-timers recall the seven inches of snow that fell on Old Town in 1967.

At 2 AM I received this photo from my girlfriend, Keri. The text read, "It's snowing and the crew is outside frolicking in their pajamas."
Waiting until morning, our sister-in-law had to frolic, too.
And from our friend, Bill, "Cross-country lessons @ 10 AM, then mulled cider by the fireplace.  All is well here (so far)."
For some reason, our shared weather makes me feel a little more connected to our SoCal friends and family. Wishing you all a wonderful New Year's Eve... no matter what surprises it offers you.

posted under |

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It snowed in Trabuco Canyon in Orange County too! We had lots of traffic in our track and several news channels.
Rod & Laurie

Four Points Bulletin said...

I can't believe I missed it! Well, I missed that snow. There was plenty in Russia!
I wish it would happen again, Eric and I need to use our new snow shoes!
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments