Heart Rocks...

For this month's AAUW writing prompt, we were asked to write about the spirit of a person or animal that moved us in some way. I chose to write about the spirit of love taking the form of heart shaped rocks.

I found my first rock, shaped as a heart, while at the beach at Camp Sunrise. This was a grief camp for children and the discovery of a heart rock had a profound affect on me.

Since then, I have discovered them at times when a symbol of love seemed needed. During a meeting with a friend, earlier this year, she revealed the ending of her marriage. I had a heart rock, found just that day, and as we hugged our goodbyes, I place the tangible symbol of love into her hand.

The next time "love" was needed, another friend divulged that her husband was ill. I was in possession of yet another heart shaped stone.

Just recently, another friend shared the sadness of her son's marriage collapsing, and while spending the morning on the shores of Lake Tahoe, yet another heart was found and delivered to her.

Love is everywhere and in many forms. To share something so tangible, to me, is the spirit of love and the beauty of heart rocks.

posted under |

2 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

You may have given out several heart rocks but THAT heart rock belongs to me! :)
It is in my car and I often hold it, rubbing my thumb on the smooth weathered edges.
I know I am loved.
Thank you for being such a good friend.
***

Mamamaryann said...

I sometimes look for heart rocks while I’m hiking and sometimes they look for me, but what matters is that there is love all around us always lurking ,sometime we find love and sometimes it finds us , when I least expect it I look down at the ground and theres a heart ,I like to think someone is watching over me, I usually find my rocks when I’m hiking with a certain person ,now everytime we are not together one of us will find a rock and send a picture to each other ,so near or far the love is there

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments