Our Lost Luggage Saga...

I know everyone has their own lament about lost luggage. Normally we don't check bags so this was rather new to us!

This is how we usually roll (carry-ons only) but since we were going to be in one place for an entire month, we took creature comforts (flannel sheets, a waterpik, milk frother, extra clothes, raincoats, etc).

When we landed at 9 PM (midnight body time), our totally stuffed 28" rolling duffel bag never appeared. After reporting the loss our bag began officially being tracked.
We were told it could take three days so on the third day I started creating an inventory of what was missing. Oh man, Air Canada wanted such specifics I had to google each item finding the make, model, and cost of replacement. It was very time intensive and it turns out, a complete waste of effort. Before I could hit submit, I was called to let me know that my suitcase would be arriving that night, by 11 PM.

Once the duffel was picked up at San Diego Airport, Where'sMySuitcase sent me updates and a waiver to sign "If you would not like to be disturbed". I was sent the driver's name, Brianne, her photo, and a photo of the car she would arrive in. I was emailed this proof at 11:36 PM though I didn't need it as I greeted Brianne at the door. Except for the three days of concern for the contents of my suitcase, this was the best case scenario and I'm really impressed by this delivery service. Now to unpack!

posted under |

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! The delivery/drop/photo proof is a pretty great way to sooth the pain of lost luggage. Glad it found it's way home to you.

Debbie said...

So glad you got your luggage back. From all the people I've heard from, their luggage seems to find it's way home. Welcome home, you guys!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments