"The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop"

During last month's WordWave, I had the pleasure of meeting author Lewis Buzbee. Unfortunately, I hadn't read any of his books. So on a snowy Tahoe day, I finished the first of many I plan to read- The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop: A Memoir, a History.

This book has given me permission to be a book luster. There is something magical about owning a book... a stack of books. Lewis clearly details this magic through his personal stories of literature discoveries while educating us on the incredible history of books, booksellers and one of my favorite places- the bookstore. I absolutely love this book. It's one that should be on every shelf or nightstand. A must-read!

“‎It’s not as if I don’t have anything to read; there’s a tower of perfectly good unread books next to my bed, not to mention the shelves of books in the living room I’ve been meaning to reread. I find myself, maddeningly, hungry for the next one, as yet unknown. I no longer try to analyze this hunger; I capitulated long ago to the book lust that’s afflicted me most of my life.” ― Lewis Buzbee, The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop: A Memoir, a History

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments