♫♪ I'm Gonna Party Like it's 2015 ♪♫

I've written about my AAUW writing group, Talking on Paper, often. This month's five minute prompt, created by the meeting's hostess, was "Tell us about an opinion that has changed from when you were younger." Here's mine:

When Prince's song, 1999, hit the airwaves, I was 19. At the time I thought, "When I get to Party Like it's 1999, I will be 37. I may not still be alive by then." My ignorant, teenage, opinion was that 37 was old and I had a great fear of growing old and dying.

A few, short years after the release of that awesome song, I lost both of my parents. Their early deaths greatly affected me. I have since embraced the adage, "Live as if today is your last because one day you will be right."

Growing old doesn't frighten me like it did during Prince's heyday. I look at each day as one to be savored and enjoyed. While no one promises us a tomorrow, today is a gift worth opening. My opinion has changed. I didn't die at age 37 and so I'm going to enjoy this here and now...  ♫♪ I'm gonna party like it's 2015. ♪♫

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments