Art Reception & Reboot at Bona Fide

We concluded our day at one of our favorite spaces, Bona Fide HQ. The theme was HAVE PAINTS, WILL TRAVEL Art Reception and Bona Fide Books Reboot Party.

We loved local artist, Ginny Schankerman's work.
From Ginny (center): "I have lived and played in these places for many years and they are my inspiration for my paintings. I am excited by the trees, rocks, lakes, meadows and streams. I enjoy exploring new and old places, the nooks and crannies! Each place is a gem and I try to capture that feeling, make an impression of it, a remembrance that I can bring back with me. Plein air painting is my way of trying to ‘take it with me’. The clarity of the air, the stark contrast of light and shadow present challenges and I constantly strive to present something others can enjoy too."

I have sung Kim's (the owner of this amazing place) praises, since the first time I met her. Tonight was the occasion for her to roll out what's been cooking at Bona Fide during the last year. I am so excited by the "what's next". 
What a great event of libations, tunes, good people, and fine, fine local ART. Oh, and s'mores. You know it's a great event when s'mores are on the menu! So Tahoe and so fun!

posted under |

1 comments:

Kim Wyatt said...

So happy to see you there! Love the photos. Thanks for coming, and for bringing your family.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments