My Hair Donation 'because I said I would'

Because I said I would is a social movement and nonprofit dedicated to the betterment of humanity. Their mission is to strengthen humanity’s will. Because I said I would encourages and supports making and keeping promises to end suffering, establish peace and build happiness.  They created the Promise Card to help hold people accountable to their commitments.


For my first Promise Card, I am doing my, most likely, final donation to "Locks of Love". My friend/hairdresser, Cyndi, also used her first Promise Card by donating this haircut. I have been growing my hair, as a promise I made, since my last donation in 2011. To read more click here "Locks of Love".

Interestingly, right after I donated my hair the first time in 2002, I bumped into a girlfriend I hadn't seen in ages.  She was with a group of friends and asked, "What did you do to your hair?"  I explained and then one of the ladies came up to me and gave me the biggest hug. She said that her daughter had a "Locks of Love" wig and it made all the difference in her life.  She had never met anyone who had donated and was so happy to have the opportunity to thank someone.  I still get choked up when I think of it.  Today's cut makes for a total of 36 inches of hair I have donated. I gleefully envision some sweet child, on a swing, with beautiful flowing locks. I'm smiling all because I said I would.

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

Someone is going to be very lucky to get your hair. I wish I had your hair!
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments