1960 Olympic Winter Games... History by David Antonucci at our Library

A year ago, we toured the Squaw Olympic Village with David Antonucci and when I learned he had a new book out, about the 1960 Olympic Winter Games, I knew I wanted our community to hear about this truly unique event.

Images of Sports: The 1960 Winter Olympics showcases the highlights of the games through rare and previously unpublished images. 
With an incredible slideshow, great knowledge and surprises, David told a mesmerizing tale of beating the odds and being a success.
The 1960 Olympic Winter Games were a long-shot effort that succeeded beyond wildest expectations.  What an unbelievably interesting story.
I have spoken of Martin Hollay a few times.  He is a celebrity here for many reasons one being the fact that in 1959, Martin was hired to help design and build the courses for the cross country races for the Olympics at Squaw Valley.  How fun that he was there tonight.
Over 80 people were as enthralled with this history as I was.  David did an amazing job sharing his knowledge.  I lingered and listened.  I overheard such great comments.  I eagerly await his next visit to South Lake Tahoe and hearing the tales he has to tell.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments